Friday, October 10, 2008

Worth Witnessing

English lessons that are 2 Legit 2 Quit…

The Japanese may have a leg up on us when it comes to automobiles, game shows, animation, and public education, but finally… we’ve got something on them: methodology for teaching a second language.

I can only imagine what the parents who probably paid a fat stack of yen for these English lessons might have been thinking. Of course, if I were the teacher, I can’t say I wouldn’t have used some Hammer Time, or even Vanilla Ice and Flava Flav myself to bridge the two languages… “Children, repeat after me: Rolling, in my five-point-oh…”

While their English skills are developing nicely, and it’s obvious they're having a lot of fun, unfortunately, they were not blessed with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet like Hammer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the correography was from the same guy who did the opening ceremonies???? If so, he has come a long way in 2 years....

Oh my goodness. This will be in my head all night now - thank you very much. CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!